Artists and creatives are invited to explore these questions on foot and with materials and media in a variety of ways. For example (but not exclusively) with media and sound walks, performative walks, guided walks, walking as drawing or other hybrid formats between visual arts and walking, hybrid formats of writing and walking, virtual and digital interactions, engagement. etc.
The Encounters/Conference invites proposals from artists and researchers, creative practitioners and academic researchers investigations in different media and disciplines, including video and film, poetry, visual artworks, texts, audio paper and other.
A proposal for papers and audiopapers, walkshops or other creative proposals may be submitted online by an individual or small group in relationship to the Encounters/Conference theme. Priority will be given to proposals that will be presented or realized in Prespa. The conference organizers are open to a range of formats as indicated above.
The application should be submitted at http://icowaf.eetf.uowm.gr/
The application should include the following:
- Thematic connection: How does your artistic work/walkshop/paper take up the theme of Walking Visions?
- It needs to be specified if the application is for a artistic work/walkshop, paper, an audio paper Description of the project or an abstract of the paper (up to 300 words)
- Short CV (up to 150 words)
- Location: Is the artistic work/walkshop/paper being proposed for Prespa or will it be remote?
- 5 photos or images (if needed) or links related to the proposal.
- For the walkshops, information about an estimated duration, desired time of the day (dawn, morning, midday, afternoon, dusk/evening, night) and a maximum number of participants needs to be included
Submission Deadline: 15th of March 2023
By April 10th 2023 the applicants will receive a notification of acceptance.